How many calories does one small glass Orange Mint Juice have?
One small glass Orange Mint Juice gives 49 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 43 calories, proteins account for 4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 2 calories. One small glass Orange Mint Juice provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Orange Mint Juice recipe. This Orange Mint Juice is a variation of the most popular breakfast juice of all time, the orange juice. Orange and Mint Juice is sure to appeal to everyone's taste buds as well as health. Learn how to make Healthy Mint Orange Juice.
To make Orange Mint Juice, you need a mixer jar and just one fruit – orange. Peel the orange to separate its segments. Add them to the mixer jar. Clean, wash and chop some mint leaves and add them to the jar as well. Add some water and blend till smooth.
Healthy Mint Orange Juice is truly packed with nutrients. Oranges boost overall resistance due to their high vitamin C content and also stimulate the salivary glands thus aiding digestion. Mint on the other hand is one of the best digestive and cooling herb. By combining the health-giving properties of oranges with mint; this Orange Mint Drink makes for a powerful cleanser.
To benefit the most from the vitamin C content of thisOrange and Mint Juice, peel and separate orange segments just before blending and serve it immediately upon blending. This is because vitamin C is a highly volatile nutrient and some of it is lost on exposure to air.
vitamin C also helps in calcium absorption in the body, which can help build strong bones and prevent osteoporosis. To benefit from the fiber from Healthy Mint Orange Juice, avoid straining the juice. Fiber is a key nutrient which aids in weight loss,manages blood sugar and cholesterollevels and keeps the digestive tract healthy.
Is Orange Mint Juice healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Oranges, Sweet Lime (Mosambi) Citrus fruits : Low in calorie and rich source of fiber. Fruits are low carb and high in Vitamic C. Oranges, Sweet Lime are rich in Vitamin A. Sadly in India, poor rural families who don't get enough fruits like oranges, mango and papaya have high incidence of night-blindness. Read this article on benefits of citrus fruits.
2. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. Mint (pudina) is a leafy vegetable which is sure to create nourishing dishes without piling on calories, carbs or fat for that instance. What is has to offer instead is FIBER. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Orange Mint Juice?
Yes, this recipe is good for heart and weight loss. Not suggested for diabetics and they should eat the whole fruit instead. Oranges are Low in calorie and rich source of fiber. Fruits are low carb and high in Vitamic C.
Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect.
Can healthy individuals have Orange Mint Juice?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
Orange Mint Juice is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 49 calories that come from Orange Mint Juice?
Walking (6 kmph) = 15 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 5 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 7 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 8 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.