How many calories does one Wheat Masala Khakhra have?
One Wheat Masala Khakhra gives 82 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 52 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 20 calories. One Wheat Masala Khakhra provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Whole Wheat Masala Khakhra Recipe. Masala Khakhra, I usually make a large batch of these and store them in an air-tight container for those hungry times. They stay well for several days and make an ideal low calorie snack for you and your family.
With a little imagination and a wee bit of effort, you can spice them differently or even experiment with different kinds of flours like jowar , bajra to make delicious low calorie munchies.
Is whole wheat masala khakhra healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. See 10 detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
3. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have whole wheat masala khakra ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too.
What is a healthy accompaniment to this khakra?
We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds. Dry snacks are a handy option to rely on when hunger strikes you in the evening. These masala khakhras are a perfect example to prove this. Make them and store them in air-tight container. 2 of these khakhras will provide approx. 160 calories, precisely what you need at snack time. Moreover these add on 5.2 g of protein for health bones and cell health as well as 4.4 g of fiber to keep your digestive tract healthy. No fat has been used to cook these khakhras, but the spices exhibit their magic wand flawlessly. As a variation you can add a variety of other flours like ragi flour, jowar flour or bajra flour to the dough of these khakhras too.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Can healthy individuals have whole wheat masala khakhra?
whole wheat masala khakhra is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
7. Low Acidity breakfast
8. Low Blood pressure snacks
How to burn 82 calories that come from one Wheat Masala Khakhra?
Walking (6 kmph) =
Running (11 kmph) =
Cycling (30 kmph) =
Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.