How many calories does one small glass Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice have?
One small glass Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice gives 66 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 57 calories, proteins account for 4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 4 calories. One Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice recipe. Iron being needed to make blood and deliver oxygen to the cells, its deficiency results in lethargy and slowed mental function. This juice is apt to keep anaemia at bay.
It has the goodness of spinach, beetroot, apple and orange. Spinach acts as iron builder whereas apples and beetroot impart little sweetness.
Is Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Beetroot : The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body. If you often notice signs of high blood pressure, start your day with a glass of beet juice. Beat Diabetes with Low Glycemic Load Beet. See detailed benefits of beetroot.
3. Oranges, Sweet Lime (Mosambi) Citrus fruits : Low in calorie and rich source of fiber. Fruits are low carb and high in Vitamic C. Oranges, Sweet Lime are rich in Vitamin A. Sadly in India, poor rural families who don't get enough fruits like oranges, mango and papaya have high incidence of night-blindness. Read this article on benefits of citrus fruits.
4. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice ?
No for diabetics as it is better to have the whole fruit. Yes for heart and weight loss. The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect.
Can healthy individuals have Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice ?
Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice is good for
1. Healthy heart juices, drinks
2. Low cholesterol juices, drinks
3. Athletes juices and smoothies
4. Healthy juices and smoothies for breakfast
5. Healthy food for kids
6. Low carb juices, drinks, smoothies
7. rich Vitamin C juice
Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 66 calories that come from Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice?
Walking (6 kmph) = 20 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 11 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.