Baked Sev (Low Calorie) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13472 times
How many times have you felt depressed yearning for your favourite foods but unable to indulge as you are on 'diet'? My dear readers, do not despair any longer, as I have conjured up a baked version of sev that tastes equally great! it tastes brilliant when used as a topping on snacks like bhel, sev puri, etc.
Recipe Description for Baked Sev
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough, using approx. 2 tbsp of water.
- Shape the dough into a cylindrical roll, fill the dough into the “sev press” and press out thin strands onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour.
- Cool, store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- Ensure you use a sev press plate with very thin holes so the sev bakes faster and is crisper.
- If your baking tray is small, make this recipe in 2 batches.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrate||Fat||Fibre||Vitamin A||Vitamin C||Calcium||Iron||Folic Acid|
| 29 kcal|| 1.2 gm|| 3.7 gm|| 1.1 gm|| 0.9 gm|| 97.9 mcg|| 0.6 mg|| 4.3 mg|| 0.3 mg|| 8.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.