Aloo Chaat By kavitakj
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4667 times
Tickle your senses with this tantalizing Aloo chaat recipe, created from boiled potatoes or aloo. The diced potatoes are tossed with sweet and sour chutneys, spice powders and chopped chillies and coriander leaves. Enjoy the aloo chaat as starter or cocktail snack.
Add your private note
Aloo Chaat By kavitakj recipe - How to make Aloo Chaat By kavitakj
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Boil the potatoes, peel sand dice them into small pieces.
- Soak tamarind in water for an hour
- Strain the pulp, transfer to a pan and let it boil.
- When the pulp thickens, add the ginger piece, chilli powder, one tbsp sugar and salt and let it boil for a while.
- Beat the curd with one tbsp sugar and salt and refrigerate for a while.
- In a serving dish, arrange the diced potatoes.
- Spread a layer of chilled curd and layer it with the tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve.
This recipe was contributed by kavitakj on 12 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.