Whole Wheat Masala Paneer Naan
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26350 times
Delicious paneer-stuffed naan is made with whole wheat flour! Follow the dough-making process properly and you will end up with the best naan, which is bound to become the talk of the town.
A stuffing of soft and fresh paneer perked up with green chillies and coriander makes the Whole Wheat Masala Paneer Naan all the more flavourful and scrumptious.
Go on and relish the naan as it is or accompanied with a bowl of Dal Amritsari .
- Divide the masala paneer stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Sieve the wheat flour in a deep bowl. Keep aside.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and ¾ cup of lukewarm water in a bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, yeast-water mixture, curds, ghee and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside to rest for 1 hour.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and knead again for 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan over it.
- Cook it on one side till small blisters appear on the surface and then turn it over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the steps 8 to 14 to make 11 more naans.
- Brush each naan with a little butter and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per naan
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.