Vegetarian Hot Dog
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5658 times
What is it that you love the most? Be it bread, potatoes, cheese, veggies, rajma beans or chatpata spices, the Vegetarian Hot Dog brings everything together into one exciting snack.
It is a scrumptious and filling snack that is an all-time favourite with young and old alike! With its tongue-tickling flavour and exciting form, it is sure to attract anybody, which makes it a great choice to serve at parties and get-togethers.
The tava-cooked roll is made of yummy ingredients ranging from potatoes and veggies to rajma and cheese. Being tava-cooked, it has an awesome flavour and mildly crisp texture too.
Packed inside a hot dog roll along with luscious and flavourful mayonnaise and tongue-tickling sauces, it becomes a fantabulous snack that none can resist!
You can also try other hot dog recipes like Schezuan Fries Hot Dog Sandwich or Stuffed Hot Dog Rolls .
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger - garlic paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions, capsicum, carrot, french beans and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, potato, rajma, chilli powder, garam masala, tomato ketchup, bread and salt and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer it in a plate cool completely.
- Add the cheese and mix well with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion into a cylindrical roll.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and grease it with 1 tsp of oil. Place 3 on it rolls and cook it till they turn golden brown in colour from all sides.
- Repeat step 7 to cook 2 more rolls. Keep aside.
- Slit a hot dog roll from top and lightly scoop out the centre using your fingers, so as to form a hollow cavity. Keep the scooped portion of the bread aside.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the prepared mayo-chilli sauce evenly in the cavity.
- Place 1 vegetable roll in it and press it lightly.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of tomato ketchup and 1 tsp of mustard paste evenly over the hot dog.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 4 more hot dogs.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per hot dog
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.