Vegetable Sweet and Sour Kichdi
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3223 times
Tamarind is added so no need to add tomatoes.
adding ghee just before adding the sooji to the boiling water helps to m ix the ghee well.
- Roast the sooji well.
- Parboil peas, potatoes, beans,carrots, cauliflower.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds.
- Add urad dal and gram dal when mustard cracks.
- Add cashew pieces.
- Add curry leaves, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger pieces, red chilli powder and onions.
- Fry till onions are well cooked.
- Add all the parboiled vegetables, tamarind paste, water and bring to boil.
- Add salt and ghee.
- Add the sooji and mix well on medium heat till well cooked.
- Remove from fire when well done and add green coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by varloo on 30 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.