Veg Rice Cutlets, Shallow Fried Starter
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7303 times
A yummy cutlet with an Oriental touch, the Veg Rice Cutlets is one of the most interesting ways to make use of leftover rice!
Here, mashed potatoes and cooked rice are combined with crunchy spring onions, gooey cheese and spicy red chillies to make a mouth-watering cutlet, which makes a wonderful snack or starter when served with honey chilli sauce.
You can also try other starters like the Malai Paneer Dill Balls or Paneer Fritters .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round cutlet.
- Heat 1½ tbsp of oil in a non-stick tava (griddle), place 6 cutlets on it and cook on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Remove on a plate and keep aside.
- Repeat step 3 to cook 6 more cutlets in one more batch.
- Serve hot with honey chilli sauce.
Nutrient values per cutlet
|Vitamin A||51.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.