Cheesy Rice Stick
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4906 times
The Cheesy Rice Stick is a snazzy starter made with a dough of rice and potatoes perked up with appropriate herbs and spices. Portions of the dough are stuffed with a piece of cheese before being deep-fried to a perfect golden brown.
The cheese melts in the heat and coats the inside of the rice sticks, giving it a gooey centre! The Cheesy Rice Stick can also be served as an after-school snack for kids or as an accompaniment for tea .
Add your private note
Cheesy Rice Stick recipe - How to make Cheesy Rice Stick
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 7 cheesy rice sticks
- Mash the rice using a masher in a deep bowl.
- Add the coriander, potatoes, cornflour, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt and mix well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions.
- Flatten a portion of the potato mixture into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle and place a cheese stick in the centre.
- Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the stuffing and roll it into an oval shape. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 6 more cheesy rice sticks.
- Roll them in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few sticks at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.