Corn, Spinach and Rice Balls ( Fun Food for Children)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 458 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64782 times
An innovative snack of cooked rice, luscious sweet corn kernels and healthy spinach bound together by cheese and thick sauce, coated with batter and bread crumbs, and deep-fried till crisp.
The Corn, Spinach and Rice Balls feature a perfectly crisp top layer and a luxuriously soft interior, which makes the overall effect wonderful beyond words. Indeed, a great starter for a grand meal.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Allow to cool completely. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Combine the prepared thick sauce, sweet corn, spinach, rice, coriander, green chillies, cheese and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball.
- Dip each ball in the prepared plain flour-water mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick and deep-fry, a few balls at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.