Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6052 times
A traditional vangi bhat (rice) recipe is common in Malvani households and is basically a rice preparation which is cooked with vangi or brinjals along with masaledaar spices, onion and tomato puree. Add the whole spices like cinnamon and cloves to the rice and vangi combo to render a delectable aroma to the vango bhat. Enjoy vangi bhaat with lehsun ki chutney.
- Soak rice for 10mts.
- Add three cups of water.
- Pressure cook.
- Spread rice on a flat plate.
- Take 2tbsps. oil and turmeric powder and mix lightly and keep aside.
- Now heat thick bottomed pan.
- Add remaining oil.
- Add fenugreek,mustard seeds.
- Once they splutter,add udad dal,channa dal and cloves.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves.
- Now add onion slices.
- After frying little, add brinjal slices, fry for 3mts.
- Sprinkle little water and stir well.
- Now add tamarind thick juice and sambaar powder.
- Add 1/2 cup of water. let it boil,keep stirring.
- Add chilli powder (optional) and salt.
- Now mix this mixture little by little into the rice and decorate with kaju and coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by thallapaka on 20 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.