Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16566 times
Tiny tikkis have a healthy ratio of protein and carbs. Minimal but interesting spices. Very small preparation time. You can serve while you are making it. My grandnephew and my nephew back from college were hungry and wanted something chapata. I had soaked moong dal ready in the fridge and also a packet of American corn. Pressure on time made me think creatively. Both the young boys were happy with the result.
- Grind corn and moong dal coarsely. Sieve out the excess water.
- Mix ground moong dal, corn, dhania powder, lemon juice, ginger and chilly pastes, salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Make 1 inch diameter thin tikkies.
- Heat the oil and deep fry on medium till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Serve with buttered toast and tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#439140 on 23 Oct 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.