Tamarind Sweet and Sour Drink, Imli Masala Drink
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22180 times
Tamarind and jaggery are a well-known team, not only in Indian cuisine but in other parts of Asia too. We find the magic of this duo playing out in several chutneys and sweet-and-sour sauces.This Imli Masala Drink is another chance to lose yourself in the reverberating flavours of tamarind, jaggery, rock salt and appropriate spice powders.
This chatpata Tamarind Sweet and Sour Drink is strongly influenced by the spice powders, and you will really feel the tingling sensation on your taste buds when you have it chilled.
Enjoy this refreshing drink accompanied with mouth watering snacks .
- Combine the tamarind and ½ cup of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside to soak for 1 hour.
- Squeeze out the pulp from soaked tamarind using your hands.
- Strain the tamarind pulp well using a strainer.
- Combine all the ingredients with the strained tamarind pulp and 1 cup of chilled water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add 3 cups of chilled water and mix well.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.