Tamarind Pulao By Nanditamistry
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5437 times
A south indian pulao, taste yummy, lasts for 24 hours, its easy to carry for journey once packed in foil.
- Soak the tamarind in water and get about 1 1/2 cups of tamarind pulp , boil this pulp in a pan until thick in consistency.
- Heat little oil in a pan and saute the groundnuts, dals and red chillies till golden.
- Coarsely grind the mixture with the sesame seeds to a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan and brown the paste for 5 minutes, add the rice and tamarind pulp and salt and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with cucumber and tomato salad and fried papad.
This recipe was contributed by nanditamistry on 27 Oct 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.