Sweet Potato Halwa By kamalan
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7299 times
Sweet potato halwa or a sweet dish prepared from sweet potatoes or shakarkand. The skinned and grated shakarkand are cooked with ghee and sugar and then served with chopped nuts and elaichi powder as garnish. A tasty and healthy energy rich farali recipe.
- Pressure cook the sweet potatoes.
- Let it cool.
- Then peel the sweet potatoes, and mash them.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, fry the kaju and kismis and keep aside.
- To this ghee, add the mashed sweet potato.
- This in it self is sweet. so no need to add sugar(especially, when you fast you dont feel like having sweets).
- But you are fond of sweets, add the optional sugar.
- Keep stirring, for 10 15 mins.
- Get off the flame and add the fried kaju and kismis.
- Serve hot with sabudana wada.
This recipe was contributed by kamalan on 08 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.