Rice and Buttermilk Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16215 times
Easy to prepare and serve, this soup is a meal in its own right. A mixture of rice and curds boiled in enough water and mildly flavoured with roasted mint and cumin seeds, this soup guarantees a delightful experience.
- Heat a non-stick pan and when hot, dry roast the cumin seeds for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and when hot, dry roast the mint leaves for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the rice with 3 cups of water and cook till the rice is done.
- Add 1½ cups of water, curds and cornflour and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the dried mint, cumin seeds and salt and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 56 cal|
|Protein|| 2.6 gm|
|Invisible fat|| 0.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.1 gm|
|Calcium|| 80.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.