This recipe has been viewed 2462 times
Ravva idli offers a nice twist to the traditional rice based steamed dumplings called idlis.The ravva idlis are basically steamed semolina based dumpling recipe. A popular South Indian food, rawa idli enjoys appeal among all and is typically eaten with coconut chutney or sambhar.
- Fry mustard, onion(cut in to small pieces)& kaju in oil. add curry leaf also. add curd to this when they are done.
- Fry rava in 2 tsps oil & mix it to the above. add all the other items in this. add salt.
- Cook chena dal in microvave for 2mts & add. the mixture should be in the consistency of idli batter.
- Now make idlis with this batter in the idli moulds like idlis. delicious ravaidlis will be ready.
- Serve the idlis hot, with coconut chutney.
- Any additional information:
- You will get 18-20 idlis with this recipe.
This recipe was contributed by jolu on 20 Jun 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.