Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14916 times
Get the traditional recipe to prepare the North Indian rajmah with an authentic blend of rajmah beans with spice powders and tomato puree. The rajmah is typically relished hot with steamed rice and an onion salad as accompaniment. Enjoy and learn many vegetable recipe, rice recipe, lentil or dal recipe at tarladalal.com
- Soak rajma for 4to5 hrs in water, or for ½ an hour in hot water.
- Pressure cook rajma with salt and a pinch of haldi powder.
- Do not throw away the water, which remains in the pressure cooker.
- Take a kadai. heat the oil in it.
- After the oil becomes hot, put the chopped onion in it and fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Add the grated ginger to this and fry for few seconds.
- Add the chopped tomato to this and fry for few seconds.
- Then add the remaining haldi powder, chilly powder, and cumin powder and pepper powder and fry this mixture till the oil separates from this.
- Add the pressure-cooked rajma with the water remaining in the cooker to the kadai and mix well with the mixture.
- Add salt.
- Let this boil very well till the grabby becomes thick.
- Then put off the stove and pour the curry into a serving dish.
- Squeeze a lemon in to this curry and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- The delicious rajma is ready to eat with rice or roti.
This recipe was contributed by munniv on 26 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.