Ragi Roti Stuffed with Paneer Pesto
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5776 times
Pesto is a famous Italian sauce made with basil, nuts and garlic. While pine nuts are used in the original recipe, the results are equally awesome when walnuts are used instead.
Here, is a totally unique and innovative dish, in which hearty ragi rotis are stuffed with a succulent and flavour-packed mixture of paneer and pesto. The rotis are first cooked plain, then the mixture is placed inside, and the roti is folded, because it is difficult to roll ragi rotis with a stuffing inside, as is usually done with other rotis and parathas .
This method is easy to prepare and perfectly tasty too. Enjoy the Ragi Roti Stuffed with Paneer Pesto immediately upon preparation.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead it into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter using a little ragi flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a medium flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 3 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared pesto and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the ragi roti on a clean dry surface, place few spinach leaves, on one side of the roti.
- Place one portion of the paneer mixture over it and, fold it over gently to form a semi-circle.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.