Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7421 times
The street food king,Ragda patice is a popular chaat or snack item available on the streets of Mumbai. The pattice is made from boiled and mashed potatoes and served with hot spicy ragda (white peas preparation). Top the aloo pattice with hot ragda, chopped onion, chillies, imli chutney and sev.
Add your private note
Ragda Pattis recipe - How to make Ragda Pattis
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak the peas overnight.
- Next morning add the turmeric powder and salt.
- Pressure cook making sure it is not overcooked and mashed.
- Add the mango powder and garam masala. cook on a low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander leaves and set aside.
- Now boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Soak the bread in water and squeeze.
- Mix the potatoes, bread pulp and salt.
- Make thin patties of about 1 1/2 diameter.
- Heat a little oil on a tawa and shallow fry the patties until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the hot patties with hot ragda. add the chutney and sprinkle the cumin powder, chilli powder and onion on top of the ragda.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.