Quick Crispy Karela
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12496 times
Crispy karela masks the bitter taste of bitter gourd or karela so well that it can be relished even by people who dislike karela. The spice laden slit karela are shallow fried with spice powders and can be enjoyed with roti or rice.
- Peel the karela and cut into thin round slices.
- Apply little salt and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice the onions and crush the garlic and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry onion and garlic together for 3 minutes.
- Squeeze karela and add this to the kadhai and saute till they turn crisp.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and tamarind pulp and mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by mandarnami on 26 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.