Pyazi, Healthy Bengali Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4186 times
Feeling glum on a monsoon day? Set it right with mouth-watering Pyazi! A traditional Bengali snack, the Pyazi is deep-fried onion bhajiya with a touch of kalanji.
This recipe here comes with a healthy twist. The same irresistible taste and aroma is achieved by cooking the Pyazi in a healthy way using just a teaspoon of oil.
It requires a bit of tact to tava-cook such snacks, but once you get the hang of it you can cook many of your favourite foods in a healthy way. Serve the Pyazi hot and fresh with green chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add approx. 3 tbsp of water and mix it very well using your hands.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with ½ tsp of oil.
- Take a portion of the mixture, place it on a wet palm and lightly flatten it.
- Transfer the pyazi on the fingers of the other hand and carefully place it on the greased tava (griddle).
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 14 more pyazis.
- Cook all the pyazis on a medium flame using ½ tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.