Pumpkin and Chawli Errissery, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2253 times
Errissery is one of the most popular vegetable preparations of Kerala. Flavoured with a dry masala of onion, garlic and red chillies, the vegetables become a perfect accompaniment for hot rice and dal.
Here, we have used pumpkin, a low-sodium vegetable, together with nutritious chawli to make an exciting Errissery. This Pumpkin and Chawli Errissery is also low in salt, but it does not compromise on the flavour or aroma.
It is easy to make, and can become a part of the daily menu of those affected by high blood pressure.
You can also try other low-salt South Indian recipes like Bulgur Wheat Pongal and Seedai .
- Combine the cumin seeds, red chillies, onions and garlic in a mixer and blend it till smooth, without using any water. Keep aside.
- Combine the chawli, pumpkin, salt and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared masala and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour it over the prepared chawli and pumpkin vegetable and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.