Pressure Cooker Rava Cake, Eggless Sooji Cake Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41288 times
Here is a spongy rava based cake with the crunch of nuts and an aesthetic touch of cardamom.
The best part about the cake is that it is made easily in a pressure cooker, and does not require an oven.
Curds and milk combine to give this Pressure Cooker Rava Cake its rich flavour and texture without using eggs.
Serve this cake warm, with a cup of tea or coffee – to set the stage for an engaging chat with friends and family. You can also try other eggless cakes like the Pineapple Sponge Cake and Chocolate Mousse Cake .
- Combine the semolina, cardamom powder and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and mix well using a spoon.
- Add the oil, curds, ¼ cup of milk and mixed nuts and mix gently using a spatula.
- Cover the batter with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and the remaining ¼ cup of milk and mix well.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Keep a stand, keep lid on it and let the water come to a boil.
- Pour the batter into a greased aluminium 150 mm. (6”) diameter cake tin.
- Slowly place the tin on the stand in the pressure cooker.
- Close the cooker lid and cook on a slow flame for 20 minutes, without using the ring and whistle.
- Open the lid and check the cake with help of a knife. If it comes out clean then it is done.
- Remove the cake tin and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, invert the tin over a plate and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Nutrient values per cake
|Vitamin A||519.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.