Potatoes in Harissa Sauce, Aloo in Spicy Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2346 times
Harissa is a spicy North African Sauce made with roasted red peppers or red chillies. In this fiery recipe, deep-fried baby potatoes are tossed with spring onions, garlic and harissa sauce.
What you get is a tongue-tickling dish that literally warms your taste buds. Potatoes in Harissa Sauce is nice and spicy and just perfect to serve as a starter at parties. Do not add too much salt in this preparation because the sauce also has salt in it.
You can also try other starters like Paneer Fritters or Malai Paneer Mixed Sesame Seeds Balls .
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan; deep-fry the potatoes till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the harissa sauce, tomato ketchup, little salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the deep-fried potatoes, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and toss well.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||402 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.