by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 137 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15324 times
An international bestseller, the Potato Rosti is a pleasantly-flavoured, almost soothing dish of potatoes cooked in butter with onions, green chillies and cheese. The specialty of the rosti lies in the way it is cooked – as a whole layer, somewhat like a pancake.
This gives the Potato Rosti a unique texture, which is slightly crisp outside and quite succulent inside. This is what gives you a warm and comfortable feeling when you bite into it.
Here is an interesting way of cooking the Potato Rosti – in the microwave oven. It is easy and convenient and also slightly faster than cooking on a frying pan. However, make sure you serve it immediately before it becomes dry.
- Put the butter in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 10 seconds.
- Add the onions and microwave on high for 2 minutes, while stirring once after 1 minute.
- Spread the potatoes evenly over the onions, sprinkle the salt, pepper, green chillies and cheese evenly over it and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Turn the potato mixture upside down and again microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the edges with a sharp knife and cut into equal wedges.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||269.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||20 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.