Paneer and Capsicum Discs
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40551 times
Paneer and Capsicum Discs look so tempting, no one can refuse. Round-shaped bread pieces are crisped to perfection and arranged together with a filling of sautéed veggies such that the filling shows up nicely through holes in the bread.
Indeed, this is party fare!
- Cut out rounds from all the bread slices with a 63 mm. (2½") diameter cutter.
- Make a hole in the centre of 5 bread slice rounds with a 12 mm. (½") nozzle.
- Arrange all the bread rounds on a greased baking tray.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a toasted bread roundel without a centre hole on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the filling on a toasted bread roundel. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese evenly over it and sandwich it using one toasted bread roundel with a hole in the centre.
- Repeat step 1 to make 4 more discs and bake all the discs again in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per disc
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.