Palak Coconut Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9314 times
A delicious kadhi enhanced with vibrant spinach puree and soothing coconut milk, the Palak Coconut Kadhi also has its share of excitement thanks to the myriad spices that are added to it. As always, onions, green chillies and ginger, which are everyday ingredients in an Indian kitchen add to the flavour of this easy kadhi, which is made quicker and simpler using the microwave oven.
- Combine the besan and curds in a bowl and whisk well so that no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Put the oil in a deep microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the coconut milk and the besan-curd mixture, mix well and microwave on high for another 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and the besan-curd mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 3 more minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes. Keep aside.
- Place 6 spinach leaves on the turntable and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Combine the spinach leaves with ½ cup of the prepared kadhi and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Add this purée to the remaining kadhi, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.