Palak Cheese Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19039 times
This dosa is so tasty and cheesy and scrumptious that it could well be a strong competitor for pizzas!
Palak Cheese Dosa is an innovative recipe that features buttery dosas layered with a paste of palak, cheese, onions, tomatoes and other taste-givers, followed by a topping of grated cheese. Folded into an appetizing shape, these dosas are truly, completely irresistible!
Next time when you have guests over, build a party platter of a wide variety of dosas which everyone is sure to love - Corn Dosa , Dosa Lasagne , Jini Dosa , Moong Dal Dosa .
- Combine the spinach, onion, tomatoes, ginger and garlic in a mixer and blend till smooth without using any water.
- Heat the oil a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared spinach mixture, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle little water and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear 1 tsp butter over it and along the edges and cook on medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the prepared spinach mixture and sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it. Cook it on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the cheese melts.
- Fold the dosa lightly from 3 sides to form a triangle.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Palak Cheese Dosa Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||3372.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||76.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.