Oats Methi Multiflour Khakhra
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13837 times
Khakhras are a handy jar snack. They give wonderful company to a cup of hot tea , silence your tummy whenever a sudden hunger pang strikes, and can be carried around in your handbag to snack on, anytime you are peckish.
These crisp and tasty Oats and Methi Multiflour Khakhras are full of iron-rich ingredients like fenugreek, jowar and nachni, which not only contribute iron to the recipe, but also improve the flavour and texture of the khakhra remarkably.
Oats brings to the table loads of fibre, which helps to keep your digestive tract healthy. So, whenever you find time, make a batch of these scrumptious khakhras and stock them in an airtight container.
Click here for more nutritious recipes for pregnancy .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth or a khakhra press, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakhra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.