Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19554 times
The addition of barley, soybean and cheese inceases the nutritional value of the traditional south indian dosa. Enjoy it hot pipping from the griddle.
- Soak all the dals, rice, barley and soyabean overnight in enough water.
- Blend it in a mixer till smooth. Remove and keep aside.
- Soak the beaten rice(poha),in enough water for half an hour.
- Blend the poha, till smooth and frothy. Remove and keep aside.
- Combine the poha paste and mix paste together in a bowl and cover and keep aside to ferment for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the batter is fermented, add cumin seeds to the batter and mix well.
- The consistency of the batter should not be too thick or thin. Add water if necessary.
- Heat the non - stick tava (griddle) and sprinkle little water on it. It should steam immediately.
- Pour a spoonful of batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 125mm (5'') thin dosa.
- Smear a little oil along the sides, cook til the dosa turns brown.
- Add 1 tbsp of the filling to the dosa.
- Turn with a spatula when crisp and flip onto the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more dosas.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.
This recipe was contributed by MOONBEAMS on 28 Oct 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.