Noodle Rosti Topped with Asparagus Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14681 times
Noodle Rosti topped with Asparagus Sauce means innovation all the way! Rosti is traditionally a Swiss breakfast prepared with grated potatoes. Here, the rosti is made of parboiled noodles cooked to a crisp with ginger, garlic, celery, spring onions, sesame seeds and other flavourful ingredients. Once a perfect golden brown, the rosti is topped with a pungent asparagus sauce prepared with a base of Chinese white sauce perked up with mint and coriander.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the ginger, garlic, celery and red chilli and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion greens, sesame seeds and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Remove in a deep bowl, add the noodles and mix gently.
- Heat a 100 mm. (4") diameter non-stick pan, add half the portion of the noodle mixture and spread it evenly.
- Cook on a medium flame, using little oil till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 1 more rosti. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the asparagus and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chinese white sauce, mint and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the asparagus sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a rosti on a serving plate and top with a portion of the asparagus sauce.
- Repeat step 2 to make 1 more serving.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.