Mixed Sprouts Brown Rice, Healthy Sprouts Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 250 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23386 times
This is a sumptuous brown rice preparation punctuated with scrumptious sprouts, spring onions and other veggies, and flavoured elegantly with a few common spice powders.
The combination of rice and sprouted legumes (matki) improves the protein quality of this rice-based delicacy, which is also loaded with other nutrients like iron , folic acid, vitamin B1 and iron too.
A good dish to pack in the tiffin box , to work or school, the Mixed Sprouts Brown Rice will be loved by the whole family.
With more fibre , brown rice is healthier than white rice, so even health-conscious people, weight-watchers and those advised to go on a diet can occasionally have this rice delicacy.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cloves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, capsicum and spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed sprouts, brown rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.