Mixed Sprouts Brown Rice, Healthy Sprouts Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 261 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35818 times
mixed sprouts brown rice recipe | healthy sprouts pulao | healthy Indian mixed sprouts pulao | mixed sprouts with brown rice | with 19 amazing images.
A good dish to pack in the tiffin box , to work or school, the mixed sprouts brown rice will be loved by the whole family. This healthy sprouts pulao is a slightly healthier choice than white rice pulao. Learn how to make healthy Indian mixed sprouts pulao.
Mixed sprouts with brown rice is a sumptuous brown rice preparation punctuated with scrumptious sprouts, spring onions and other veggies, and flavoured elegantly with a few common spice powders. Once the brown rice has been cooked then it is only a matter of adding all these ingredients in batches and cooking them together.
Here white rice which is polished has been replaced with brown rice to keep some of the fiber intact. Further the proportion of brown rice to the sprouts and veggies in Mixed healthy sprouts pulao has been kept less, so as to add a dose of fiber and antioxidants further.
The combination of rice and sprouted legumes (matki) in mixed sprouts brown rice improves the protein quality of this rice-based delicacy, which is also loaded with other nutrients like iron, folic acid and vitamin B1 too.
This healthy Indian mixed sprouts pulao can be enjoyed by heart patients in small quantities, though it is best avoided by diabetics.
Enjoy mixed sprouts brown rice recipe | healthy sprouts pulao | healthy Indian mixed sprouts pulao | mixed sprouts with brown rice | with step by step photos.
- To make mixed sprouts brown rice, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cloves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, capsicum and spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed sprouts, brown rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the mixed sprouts brown rice hot garnished with spring onion greens.
Mixed Sprouts Brown Rice, Healthy Sprouts Pulao recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.