Brown Rice Vegetable Pulao, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24441 times
Pulao is one of the most famous Indian rice dishes, all over the world.
A pleasant medley of spices, a colourful assortment of veggies and a sprinkling of biryani masala give the rice a wonderful flavour and mouth-feel.
We have made a low-salt, fibre-rich version of this famous dish using brown rice, to make it suitable for those with high blood pressure. Although we have used less of salt, the spices work together effectively to give the rice a very good taste and aroma.
Quite rich in flavour and texture, this Brown Rice Vegetable Pulao is pretty much a one-dish meal and you can just serve it with raita.
Liked this? Try other low salt recipes like One Meal Soup or Bulgur Wheat Pongal .
- Heat the oil and ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, clove, cardamom, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the brown rice, french beans, carrots, green peas, biryani masala and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.