Curd Brown Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3640 times
Curd is probiotic and said to calm the stomach acids. We have made the classic South Indian curd rice using brown rice instead of white rice, as it is better for those suffering from acidity.
A tempering of mustard seeds and urad dal adds flavour and crunch to the curd rice, making it a soothing but tasty dish. You can comfortably enjoy small portions of the Curd Brown Rice occasionally if curd suits you.
Try other stomach-friendly recipes like Kaddu ka Bharta and Hariyali Dal .
- Put the rice in a deep bowl and mash it using a masher.
- Add the curds, coriander, salt and ¼ cup of water and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the curd-rice mixture and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.