Kaddu ka Bharta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17717 times
Kaddu, the nice and sweet red pumpkin, is God's answer to acidity! The alkali producing vegetable, prepared in this delicious form, is sure to earn great fanfare amongst those facing acidity problems.
Flavoured simply but thoughtfully with a selection of seeds, spice powders and onions, Kaddu ka Bharta is an aromatic preparation that tastes fantastic with Nutritious Cabbage and Methi Roti .
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the red pumpkin, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt with ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles or till the pumpkin is over cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the dried mango powder, mix well and mash lightly with the back of a spoon and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot garnished with a sprig of coriander.
Kaddu ka Bharta (Recipe to avoid acidity) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.