Methi Palak Chawli Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21071 times
A totally off-beat combination of ingredients is used to make this dhokla but it turns out to be absolutely awesome! Not just tasty, the Methi Palak Chawli Dhokla is also super healthy.
The protein from chawli and the antioxidant vitamins A and C from the greens come together to keep you hale and healthy. This snack helps to build healthy bones too.
A couple of everyday ingredients like ginger and green chilli help to enhance the taste of the dhokla. The fenugreek leaves too lend their pleasantly bitter taste and tempting aroma to this snack, making it a super duper hit.
It is important to serve these dhoklas immediately to relish the good texture. You can also try other healthy snacks like the Chana Dal and Cabbage Tikki and Nutritious Thalipeeth .
- Wash and soak the beans in enough water for at least 8 hours. Drain.
- Combine the soaked chawli and approx. ¾ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, except the fruit salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 1 tbsp of water and mix gently.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to steam one more batch.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.