Masoor Dal with Mixed Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 177 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48626 times
Sometimes, it is the really simple foods that satiate you! Masoor Dal with Mixed Vegetables in a perfect example.
A simple procedure transforms dal, vegetables and everyday spices and ingredients, into a sumptuous dal that tastes heavenly with Roti ,puri or even just plain Rice ( Cooked Rice) Since this dal is quite self-contained with exciting flavours, crunchy vegetables and satiating dal, you do not have to think of other accompaniments for the meal – just this will do.
- Combine the masoor dal and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli paste, mixed vegetables and cauliflower florets, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dal, tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, dried mango powder, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||293.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.