Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13393 times
A spicy bitter gourd or karela vegetable preparation,masaledaar karela is a typical north indian recipe. The karela vegetable is easy to prepare and quite healthy! enjoy the spicy gourds with roti or rice.
- Wash and slit the karelas lengthwise in the centre, so as to keep them whole.
- Scoop out a little centre portion of the karelas without breaking them.
- Combine the ginger paste, garlic paste, salt and cumin seeds powder and mix well.
- Stuff the karelas with this mixture and gently press them to close the opening.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- Place the karelas carefully into the oil and cook on a slow flame till the karelas are cooked.
- Add tamarind pulp, salt and chilli powder, mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve with rice.
This recipe was contributed by shahreema on 03 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.