Masala Tomato Onion Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78396 times
For those days when you want to have something chatpata but made quickly, here is what you can choose!
With tomatoes, onion, coriander and spices, the Masala Tomato Onion Paratha is nice and tangy but also easy to make. Since the stuffing is salad-like, it is also crunchy and refreshing to bite into.
- Combine the wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Brush it evenly using a little oil.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of onions, ½ tbsp tomatoes, 1 tsp coriander, a little salt, chilli powder and cumin seeds powder evenly all over it.
- Roll the roti tightly from one end to another end. Again roll it from one end to another end and then press it in between your palms to form a circle.
- Roll the roti into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Cook the paratha , using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 9 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.