Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 109243 times
A spicy baigan masala is simply a lip smacking vegetable recipe with the brinjals which are slit and coated with masalas and then shallow fried. A main course dish to be served with lentils and roti.
- Make a fine paste of all the ingredients mentioned under for paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the jeera seeds till they crackle.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry till they turn pink in color.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for another minute.
- Add dhania powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder and garam malsala powder and fry for another minute.
- Now add the fine paste.
- After frying for 1/2 a minute, add haldi powder, salt
- Now add the beaten curds and mix well.
- To this mixture add the brinjal slices.
- Add a little water and cover till the brinjals are fully cooked.
- Put the lemon juice and garnish with corinader leaves.
- Serve hot with chapati or pratha.
This recipe was contributed by ruc_food on 06 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.