by Tarla Dalal
Added to 830 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 137158 times
Come summer, the strong aroma of mangoes captivates your senses even as you enter the market. It is simply impossible to leave without buying some.
Fair enough, because this amazing fruit can be used to make a practically endless range of recipes – right from snacks to main course and of course, desserts too.
In this irresistible recipe, we have brought together two all-time favourites – mangoes and kulfi. Kulfi always needs a bit of time to cook the milk, but it is completely worth the effort because the intense milky taste is what makes it different from other ice-creams.
In this recipe, we have added mango pulp, mango cubes and spices to the cooked and cooled milk, to give the kulfi a fruity touch. The fruity-milky taste of the Mango Kulfi is simply awesome and it is sure to win compliments from everyone!
Try other kulfis like the Kesar Pista Kulfi or Malai Kulfi .
- Combine the saffron and the warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 20 to 25 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides.
- Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the mango pulp, saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the mangoes and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into 11 kulfi moulds and freeze overnight.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the freezer for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per kulfi
|Vitamin A||582 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.