Dry Fruit Kesar Kulfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76435 times
No Indian meal is complete without a serving of our own desi ice-cream, the Kulfi! There are innumerable varieties of Kulfi, ranging from spice-tinged ones to fruity flavours too.
This Dry Fruit Kulfi is a traditional recipe, in proper Mughlai style, loaded with dry fruits and flavoured with saffron and cardamom. This rich mithai, with a milky and spicy taste punctuated by the crunch of nuts is sure to delight you.
The Dry Fruit Kulfi tastes even more awesome when topped with Falooda and Rabdi .
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 32 minutes, while stirring occasionally while scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, add the cardamom powder, saffron-milk mixture and dry fruits and mix well.
- Pour into 6 kulfi moulds and freeze overnight.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kulfi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.