Low Fat Kulfi with Strawberry Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 644 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23648 times
Kulfi is a frozen dessert, which all of us relish but often tend to avoid because of its high calorific value. Here is a simple yummy low fat kulfi that doesn't take forever to prepare and provides substantial amounts of calcium without the fat. Enhance its appeal and vitamin C levels by serving it with a strawberry sauce.
- In a small bowl, soak the saffron in a little warm milk and keep aside.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1 tablespoon of milk and keep aside.
- Put the milk in a broad non-stick pan and bring to a boil. Simmer over a medium flame stirring continuously till the milk reduces to little more than half the original quantity (approx. 600 ml.).
- Add the cornflour solution and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cool completely. Add the saffron mixture and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour into shallow freezer proof containers and freeze till slushy (aprox. 3 to 4 hours).
- Remove and blend in liquidiser to break all the ice crystals till the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 6 kulfi moulds and freeze overnight until it sets.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
- Serve topped with the strawberry sauce.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.