Malai Koftas in Makhani Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 466 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46598 times
Innumerable times you would have ordered Malai Koftas in Makhani Gravy at restaurants, but now it is time to try this hot favourite at home, in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Succulent and spicy vegetable dumplings find a flavourful home in this rich tomato gravy, cooked in butter and topped with cream. These koftas speak of the magic of paneer, which works together with potatoes, to make soft koftas that are simply irresistible.
Team up with rotis , parathas or naan , whatever you like, it will be a perfect match.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few koftas at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic, cashewnuts, turmeric powder , chill powder and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared tomato-onion mixture, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Just before serving, place the koftas in a serving bowl and pour hot gravy over it.
- Serve immediately garnished with a sprig of coriander
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 246 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.8 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 12.9 gm|
|Fat|| 19.4 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.8 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 793.4 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 26.4 mg|
|Calcium|| 163.6 mg|
|Iron|| 0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 25.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.