by Foodie #584523
This recipe has been viewed 2011 times
This is my version of the world famous dal
Add your private note
Makhni Dal recipe - How to make Makhni Dal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Boil well, wash and rinse the lentils in water until they are tender and floury-soft.
- While boiling, add salt and oil.
- Heat butter with a dash of oil in a casserole.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, tomato puree and saute until oil separates.
- Add boiled lentils and toss well with masala.
- Add fenugreek leaf powder, butter and cream.
- Now add garam masala and simmer until it gets a smooth consistency.
- Add butter on top before serving.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #584523 on 03 Mar 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.