by Tarla Dalal
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17012 times
A simple yet delicious way to make rotis. Flavoured with butter and freshly crushed black pepper this whole wheat roti is perfect to serve with most of your favourite vegetable dishes.
- Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips till the consistency resembles that of breadcrumbs.
- Add the pepper and salt and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
- Place the roti on a hot tava and turn over in a few seconds and cook this side till the edges begin to curl slightly and small blisters appear on the surface.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Serve hot topped with some butter.
- Dab one side of the roti with a few drops of water so that it sticks firmly to the tava and does not fall off while turning the tava over.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.