Maharashtrian Kothimbir Vadi Recipe, Deep- Fried
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12140 times
Here is a special savoury from the kitchens of Maharashtra. Crunchy and aromatic, with the zesty flavour of coriander, ginger and green chillies, these vadis are sure to tickle your taste buds and kindle your appetite!
Best enjoyed with sweet and green chutneys, the Maharashtrian Kothimbir Vadi can be served as a starter, or enjoyed as a snack with tea. It tastes heavenly on a rainy afternoon!
You can also try other Maharashtrian recipes like the Maharashtrian Pitla or Phodshi Sabji .
Add your private note
Maharashtrian Kothimbir Vadi Recipe, Deep- Fried recipe - How to make Maharashtrian Kothimbir Vadi Recipe, Deep- Fried
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the besan, turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger paste, green chilli paste, asafoetida, oil, salt and approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Add the coriander and peanut powder and mix very well.
- Pour into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter greased thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 12 minutes. Cool, demould and cut into equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add a few pieces of kothimbhir vadi and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with sweet chutney and green chutney.
Maharashtrian Kothimbir Vadi by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.