Low Calorie Shahi Tukra
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12713 times
This delicious recipe is also called mitthi dabrotri where mitthi means sweet and dabrotari means bread. This is a mouth watering sindhi recipe which is often during cold wintry mornings.
- Remove the sides of bread and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a non stick pan, add 4 pieces and cook on low heat till golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat with remaining pieces to make more such slices.
- Dip 2-3 slices in the cold milk and remove immediately on a serving platter.
- Heat the remaining milk with sugar and cardamom powder and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or till it becomes thick.
- Add the panner, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes or till it looks like radri.
- Cool the rabdi and pour over the bread and garnish with silver leaf.
- Sprinkle almonds and pista and coat with the soaked kesar.
- Serve warm or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by rtym on 30 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.